East Africa September 16 - 26/2017, SR1326
- Sep 16 2017 - Sep 26 2017
- Global Health Outreach
This trip is now closed. Please check out our other opportunities at www.ghotrips.org.
Join us as we serve the needy in and around a rural town in the southern part of this East Africa country. Our Global Health Outreach team will partner with our long-term partners to reach into needy communities, providing them with physical, emotional and spiritual care. We will be working with rural people who are primarily farmers and herdsmen and have very little access to medical and dental care. We will be providing primary care medicine and dentistry, plus a reading glass clinic.
We can also do a children's program if you have gifting and interest in such a program. We will have one day to explore the beauty of the local lake region.
We are looking for physicians, dentists, nurses, pastors, physician assistants, pharmacists, nurse practitioners and physical therapists to join our team, as well as several people (medical training not required!) to run the reading glass clinic and help in the pharmacy, triage and dental clinic. This is an excellent two-week Global Health rotation for students of all backgrounds, including healthcare students and undergraduate college students. It is also an excellent opportunity for spouses to serve!PLEASE NOTE that there are some non-standard documents needed for this team. Once your are approved, please start gathering the following documents and submit them to email@example.com:
- Letter of Good Health (stating that you are in good health & free of any communicable diseases) (all participants)
- Letter of Good Moral/Professional Standing from Employer (going back at least 2 years) (healthcare workers only)
- Official Transcripts (healthcare workers only)
For more information, email the team leader, Anthony Sheplay, MD, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Health Outreach
P.O. Box 7500 • Bristol TN 37621
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $150.00
|Application fee (due upon applying)||$150.00|
|Project fee (due one week prior to trip)||$1,940.00|
|International Airfare* (approximate) (due upon ticketing)||$1,700.00|
|Domestic Airfare* (varies with starting location)||$200.00|
|(*Administrative credit will be made when exact costs available)||$0.00|
|Waiver of Responsibility Form||Your application is not complete until this form is completed.||Required|
|Trip Participant Handbook||An in-depth manual to guide you start-to-finish on your GHO trip.|
|Cancellation Form||Downloadable - Please note: The $150 application fee is non-refundable and you are responsible for any travel arrangements made on your behalf by GHO.|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Applying for a Trip|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Trips|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Trip Costs|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Travel|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Passports & Visas|
- Important Note! The expiration date on your valid passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of your trip. It may take 3 to 6 months to receive a passport from your local passport office; therefore, you may consider obtaining your passport via g3visas at www.g3visas.com.
- Some foreign language skill is greatly appreciated
- Attending morning and evening team meetings, including devotions
- Serving in the capacity of position on team and/or at direction of the team leader
- Complete passport if not already
- Talk with family
- Start fundraising
- Please fax all required form to 423-764-1417 or email to GHOapps@cmda.org