Nicaragua January 6 - 13/2018, SR1362
- Jan 6 2018 - Jan 13 2018
- Managua, NI
- Global Health Outreach
This trip is now closed. Please explore our other trip opportunities at www.ghotrips.org.
We welcome physicians, dentists, pharmacists, optometrists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, first responders, dental hygienists, dental assistants, physical/occupation therapists, students, logistics (non-medical helpers), and a trip photographer/videographer on all of our general medicine and dentistry trips.
The Mission Focus will be providing the medical needs in a Christian context for:
- the women and children who live at the House of Hope
- the prostitutes within the city who come to the House of Hope for worship, bible study and microenterprise skills
- the surrounding community
Medical Content: Outpatient medical (will not include major surgical procedures)
Lodging: a local hotel where we will also take most of our meals and have times of fellowship together. There are 3-4 people per room. There are no separate rooms for married couples.
For more information, contact the team leader, Gloria Halverson, MD, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Global Health Outreach
P.O. Box 7500 • Bristol TN 37621
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $150.00
|Application Fee (due upon applying/acceptance)||$150.00|
|Project Fee (due two weeks prior to trip)||$1,405.00|
|Estimated International Airfare (will be adjusted to actual airfare total and is due upon ticketing)||$700.00|
|Estimated Domestic Airfare (will be adjusted to actual airfare total and is due upon ticketing)||$200.00|
|Waiver of Responsibility Form||Your application is not complete until this form is completed.||Required|
|Team Participant Manual||An in-depth manual to guide you start-to-finish on your GHO trip. All first-time participants must read this handbook in its entirety.||Required|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Applying for a Trip|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Trips|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Trip Costs|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Travel|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Passports & Visas|
- Important Note! The expiration date on your valid passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of your trip. We recommend g3visas.com.
- Foreign language skills are appreciated, but not required.
- Attending morning and evening team meetings, including devotions
- Serving in the capacity of position on team and/or at direction of the team leader
- Must be 18+ years old.
- Read "Team Participant Manual" located under Forms.
- Begin Fundraising
- Submit all requested documents to GHO right away.
- Immunizations - www.cdc.gov/travel