Zambia, Jun 9 -23, 2023, Orphan Care, w/Dr. Joshua Daniel, SR1605
This trip has been canceled. Please see our other trips here.
This trip’s specialty is ORPHAN CARE. Please pay close attention to all documents required and send to GHO as soon as possible after acceptance to the trip.
We welcome primary care physicians, pediatricians, dermatologists, dentists, pharmacists, dermatologists, optometrists, ophthalmologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, first responders, dental hygienists, dental assistants, physical/occupational therapists, students, servants (non-medical helpers), and a trip photographer/videographer on all of our general medicine and dentistry trips.
We are looking for primary care and pediatrics providers to deliver orphan care to this extremely impoverished area of Zambia. The stark reality of Zambia is the overabundance of orphaned children that have been left, forgotten, or ignored. Zambia has the highest per capita orphan rate in the world with approximately 1.4 million orphans in a country roughly the size of Texas. This country has been ravaged by HIV/AIDS. Our national partners tell us there is little HIV there now as they have largely died off. When a child is orphaned usually becomes the responsibility of a distant family member or neighbor. Because they are another mouth to feed, these children are usually not welcomed and considered a burden. Many are forced to find their own food and sleep outside. One in every four households is a child-headed home with a child acting as the primary caregiver.
On this trip, we will be serving primarily orphans along with local people in each area. In this area, most exist on less than one dollar per day. We are working with a small local church and school living and serving in this area. They have little to no access to health care although many have received vaccinations. They have essentially no dental care. Since we will be seeing a large number of children we really need an optometrist who can size glasses.
“I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.” John 14:18
“Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this; to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.” James 1:27
Would you prayerfully join me in this mission to look after His children?
For additional information, email Team Leader, Josh Daniel, PharmD at [email protected]
Global Health Outreach
P.O. Box 7500 • Bristol TN 37621
|$150.00||Application Fee (due upon applying/acceptance)|
|$1,940.00||Project Fee (due two weeks prior to trip)|
|$1,300.00||Estimated International Airfare (will be adjusted to actual airfare total and is due upon ticketing)|
|$500.00||Estimated Domestic Airfare (will be adjusted to actual airfare total and is due upon ticketing)|
1. Zambia Application (for all healthcare professionals EXCEPT NPs, Nurses and Midwives) Required
All healthcare professionals, please complete the application, scan, and send it back to GHO via [email protected] ASAP.
2. Zambia Employment Reference Letter Required
Please add the date, your name, and address in full to the attached form. Take the form to your employer to complete and then scan and send it back to [email protected] ASAP.
3. Zambia Health Letter Required
Please complete the attached letter and take to your primary care doctor for verification. Once completed, please scan and send it back to [email protected]
4. Zambia Curriculum Vitae for Health Professionals Required
Print off this template and DO NOT change any formatting within the document. If something isn’t applicable, input Not Applicable or leave blank. We have included a sample to help you. Scan and send the CV to [email protected]
5. SAMPLE Zambia Curriculum Vitae for Healthcare Professionals
Use this sample CV as a guide to complete yours. Please remember not to change the formatting.
6. Zambia Credentials Checklist Doctors and Dentists Only
Print this checklist and start collecting the needed documents. Note: we need these ASAP! Don't forget to send in your Waiver as well.
7. Zambia Application NPs, Nurses and Midwives Required
8. Zambia Credentials Checklist Nurse Practitioners, Nurses & Midwives Only
9. Zambia Credentials Checklist All Healthcare Professionals (Except MD/DO, DDS/DMD, NPs & Nurses)
10. Waiver of Responsibility Form Required
GHO Project Schedule 2023_121422
- Important Note! The expiration date on your valid passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of your trip. We recommend g3visas.com.
- Foreign language skills are appreciated, but not required.
- Attending morning and evening team meetings.
- Serving in the capacity of position on team and/or at the direction of the team leader.
- Read "GHO Participant Manual" located under Forms.
- Begin fundraising.
- Submit all requested documents to GHO upon application.
- Immunizations - www.cdc.gov/travel