Dominican Republic July 8- 16/2017, SR1311
- Jul 8 2017 - Jul 16 2017
- , DO
- Global Health Outreach
This trip is now closed. Please check out our otther trip opportunities at www.ghotrips.org.
ach year we go to a different location in order to evangelize this country for Christ. The Oasis Church in Santo Domingo, DR has been an outstanding partner of GHO and our team. They typically have about 75 of their church members join us for the entire week as our interpreters and helpers. They are wonderful to work with and really model servant hood.
Each year our team really has a lot of fun bonding and growing in Christ. This is a relatively safe trip for families with decent amenities. We usually stay in a hotel and have American-like food for breakfast and supper. The lunch is served by the Oasis Church at the clinic site. Morning devotion and prayer will serve to daily prepare our team for God’s work and help to encourage each other in our faith. We always begin with worship during the morning and evening devotion time. Each day after devotions, the group travel by bus to the clinic site which is generally in a small school where the children are on summer recess. The evening devotion time is set up for testimonies and “God sightings” that help us all understand how God is working. These are always especially meaningful times in which we can rejoice together. Devotions are led by various members of the team. This trip is especially suited for family members. Every year we rejoice as we witness the strengthening of each family as they serve. We hope you will pray about joining the work God has planned for this team!
For more information, contact the team leader Eric Penniman, DO at email@example.com
Global Health Outreach
P.O. Box 7500 • Bristol TN 37621
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $150.00
|Application fee (due upon applying)||$150.00|
|Project fee (due one week prior to trip)||$1,410.00|
|International Airfare* (approximate) (due upon ticketing)||$600.00|
|Domestic Airfare* (varies with starting location)||$200.00|
|(*Administrative credit will be made when exact costs available)||$0.00|
|All team Webex||Webex||Online via this link. Please look in your email for the specific information needed for connecting to the Webex. If you live near Knoxville, feel free to join in person at 526 Cumberland Ridge Dr||Mar 12 2017 5:00 PM - 6:30 PM EDT||Yes|
|Waiver of Responsibility Form||Your application is not complete until this form is completed.||Required|
|Trip Participant Handbook||An in-depth manual to guide you start-to-finish on your GHO trip.|
|Cancellation Form||Downloadable - Please note: The $150 application fee is non-refundable and you are responsible for any travel arrangements made on your behalf by GHO.|
- Important Note! The expiration date on your valid passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of your trip. It may take 3 to 6 months to receive a passport from your local passport office; therefore, you may consider obtaining your passport via g3visas at www.g3visas.com.
- Some foreign language skill is greatly appreciated but not necessary
- Attending morning and evening team meetings, including devotions
- Serving in the capacity of position on team and/or at direction of the team leader
- College students are welcome
- Most team members must have some medical experience but there are opportunities for some people with no experience
- Complete passport if not already
- Talk with family
- Start fundraising
- Please fax all required form to 423-764-1417 or email to GHOapps@cmda.org