North Africa/Middle East May 12 - 27/2017, SR1305
- May 12 2017 - May 27 2017
- Global Health Outreach
This trip is now closed.
This small team will be traveling to a country with many needy people who are unable to get access to basic healthcare, either because of poverty, refugee status, or persecution. The team will partner with experienced long-term workers to provide primary care medical and dental care; sometimes in schools or urban outreach centers, and sometimes in places of worship. The team needs physicians, dentists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, pharmacists, dental assistants, a dental hygienist, physical therapists, and non-medical team members to run the reading glasses clinic.
The team will be housed in guesthouses and small hotels, and the national team will provide translators to work with each team member. The trip will be demanding physically, professionally, and spiritually, but will be a great opportunity to demonstrate the love of Christ, while growing more into the likeness of our Savior. Trip participants will need to have the utmost flexibility and patience as we work in this challenging setting. This is not a “voluntourism” trip, though you will learn much about the language, culture, cuisine, and hospitality of the nationals, and you will even have a short opportunity to pick up a few mementos of your service. Expect to care for many lost people in the name of Christ!
For more information about the location, and other details, please contact the trip leader: Phil Aday DDS, email@example.com
Global Health Outreach
P.O. Box 7500 • Bristol TN 37621
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $150.00
|Application fee (due upon applying)||$150.00|
|Project fee (due two weeks prior to trip)||$1,395.00|
|International Airfare* (approximate) (due upon ticketing)||$1,200.00|
|Domestic Airfare* (varies with starting location)||$200.00|
|(*Administrative credit will be made when exact costs available)||$0.00|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Travel|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Trip Costs|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Applications|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Trips|
|Travel/Waiver Form||Please fill out this form and email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax (423-764-1417) after submitting your application.||Required|
|Trip Participant Handbook||An in-depth manual to guide you start-to-finish on your GHO trip.|
- Important Note! The expiration date on your valid passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of your trip. It may take 3 to 6 months to receive a passport from your local passport office; therefore, you may consider obtaining your passport via g3visas at www.g3visas.com.
- Some foreign language skill is greatly appreciated
- Attending morning and evening team meetings, including devotions
- Serving in the capacity of position on team and/or at direction of the team leader
- Complete passport if not already
- Talk with family
- Start fundraising
- Please fax all required form to 423-764-1417 or email to GHOapps@cmda.org