Nicaragua January 11 - 18, 2020, Human Trafficking Relief, SR1472
- Jan 11 2020 - Jan 18 2020
- Managua, NI
- Global Health Outreach
This will be the first trip back to House of Hope Nicaragua since January 2018, and it is with much anticipation that we will be returning to this ministry in January 2020. Now that things have stabilized enough to allow teams to return to Nicaragua, we have secured these dates for House of Hope. This trip will have the logistical assistance of Global Health Outreach (both stateside and in Nicaragua) but will be a Women Physicians in Christ (WPC) trip. Non-WPC members and men are welcome on this team. Many returning team members look forward to this trip each year, but we always welcome new team members to experience the amazing transformational power of Jesus Christ in the lives of the people we serve. As one of the former prostitutes once told us, she was introduced to House of Hope as a result of the medical team visiting. It was described by her as "the hook" that got her to House of Hope and resulted in her accepting Christ as her Lord and Savior, and leaving her life of prostitution. This is a unique short-term mission trip in that it has resulted in the formation of long term relationships with the people we serve. Won't you join us on this trip to share the Gospel and to serve using the gifts God has given you?
We welcome physicians, OB-GYNs, dentists, cytotechnologists or pathologists with pap smear reading expertise, pharmacists, optometrists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, first responders, dental hygienists, dental assistants, sonographers, physical/occupation therapists, medical students, & logistics personnel (non-medical servant helpers).
The Mission Focus will be providing the medical & dental needs in a Christian context for:
- The women and children who live at the House of Hope
- The prostitutes within the city who come to the House of Hope for worship, bible study and micro-enterprise opportunities
- The surrounding community
Medical Content: Outpatient medical and dental.
Lodging: A hotel where we will take our morning & evening meals and enjoy times for fellowship, morning and evening devotions, and debriefing. There will usually be 2 people to a room. We can't guarantee that married couples will be lodging together.
For more information, contact the team leader, Christine Borghi-Cavallaro, MD at [email protected].
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $150.00
|Application Fee (due upon applying/acceptance)||$150.00|
|Project Fee (due two weeks prior to trip)||$1,445.00|
|Estimated International Airfare (will be adjusted to actual airfare total and is due upon ticketing)||$850.00|
|Estimated Domestic Airfare (will be adjusted to actual airfare total and is due upon ticketing)||$250.00|
|Waiver of Responsibility Form||Your application is not complete until this form is completed.||Required|
- Important Note! The expiration date on your valid passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of your trip. We recommend g3visas.com.
- Foreign language skills are appreciated, but not required.
- Attending morning and evening team meetings, including devotions
- Serving in the capacity of position on team and/or at direction of the team leader
- You must be 18+ years old to participate.
- Read "Team Participant Manual" located under Forms.
- Begin Fundraising
- Submit all requested documents to GHO right away.
- Immunizations - www.cdc.gov/travel