Cubulco, Guatemala August 26 - September 3/2017, SR1323
- Aug 26 2017 - Sep 3 2017
- Cubulco, GT
- Global Health Outreach
This trip is now closed. Please check out our other trip opportunities at www.ghotrips.org.
We will be serving the people of Cubulco. It is a small mountain town 5 hours, by bus, north of Guatemala City. At an elevation of 3200 feet, the weather is mild & pleasant. The people are warm, friendly & welcoming. Our missionary hosts are Julio & Veronica Cárdenas. A majority of the citizens speak Spanish although some speak the native dialect of Achi. We will have interpreters available to assist us.
GHO has partnered with AMG (Advancing the Ministry of the Gospel) http://www.amginternational.org for many years. We will provide surgical services at Senorita Elena Medical Center. Surgical cases will include hernias, gallbladders, prolapsed uterus, retroceles, cystoceles, etc. The hospital provides ongoing medical support but only offers surgery 2-3 times a year with visiting medical teams. Over 15,000 patients each year are given the gospel message as they receive medical and dental treatment.
We will see patients Sunday afternoon through Thursday. The rest will be travel days except for a sight-seeing day the Saturday prior to departing.
The team needs 2 General Surgeons, 2 OB/GYN Surgeons, Anesthesia Providers, 2 Scrub Techs, 2 OR Nurses / Circulators and 1 PACU Nurse.
Please contact James & Sheila Foxworthy at email@example.com prior to applying for this trip to get more information, to verify if a spot is available for your specific position, and so we can answer your questions.
Global Health Outreach
P.O. Box 7500 • Bristol TN 37621
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $150.00
|Application fee (due upon applying)||$150.00|
|Project fee (due two weeks prior to trip)||$1,395.00|
|International Airfare* (approximate) (due upon ticketing)||$600.00|
|Domestic Airfare* (varies with starting location)||$200.00|
|(*Administrative credit will be made when exact costs available)||$0.00|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Travel|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Trip Costs|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Applications|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Trips|
|Trip Participant Handbook||An in-depth manual to guide you start-to-finish on your GHO trip.|
|Travel, Waiver of Responsibility and Assumption of Risk||Required|
- Important Note! The expiration date on your valid passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of your trip. It may take 3 to 6 months to receive a passport from your local passport office; therefore, you may consider obtaining your passport via g3visas at www.g3visas.com.
- Some foreign language skill is greatly appreciated
- Attending morning and evening team meetings, including devotions
- Serving in the capacity of position on team and/or at direction of the team leader
- General and GYN Surgery Team
- Complete passport if not already.
- Talk with family
- Start fundraising
- Please fax all required form to 423-764-1417 or email to GHOapps@cmda.org