Bolivia, Aug 9 - 18, 2024, w/Heidi Hunsucker, FNP SR1666
This trip is recruiting for gynecologists, dermatologists, ophthalmologists, primary care physicians, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, dentists, dental hygienists, dental assistants, pharmacists, nurses, physical/occupational therapists, optometrists, those who are Spanish speaking and willing to help interpret and logistical non-medical servants.
This mission is a unique opportunity for our team to travel by bus and ferry into the Amazon Forest in Bolivia where we will have opportunity to take care of the community and indigenous people. We will be meeting with those whose leader reports that they have long felt forsaken by the people of Bolivia. Not only will we have opportunity to provide medical and dental care to those who have little to no access, but this is also a tremendous chance to share of our King Jesus who has promised never to leave us nor forsake us. We will have to take a bus ride and take a ferry each day to reach them. It is a beautiful journey, and we will enjoy our team meeting time along the way.
We are also planning to do a Public Health training for some in the area churches as well as bring water filters to go out into the community to train in the use and maintenance required for the filters to last. They will then share these filters with 2-3 neighboring homes to maximize the number of homes having the new blessing of clean, safe water to drink.
Are you ready to combine Jesus and adventure? The unreached are unreached for a reason. They are hard to get to! Would you prayerfully consider whether God is calling you to join such a mission as this?
For more information about the trip, please email the team leader, Heidi Hunsucker, FNP, at [email protected].
Global Health Outreach
P.O. Box 7500 • Bristol TN 37621
|Application Fee (due upon applying/acceptance)
|Project Fee (due two weeks prior to trip)
|Estimated Airfare (will be adjusted to actual airfare total and is due upon ticketing)
Waiver of Responsibility Form Required
Your application is not complete until this form is completed.
- IMPORTANT! The expiration date on your passport MUST be at least 6 months past the return date of your trip. Processing times for new passports and passport renewals is 3 - 4 months so we encourage you to start the process immediately after you have been approved for the trip if your passport expiration date does not meet the requirement.
- Foreign language skills are appreciated, but not required.
- Attending morning and evening team meetings.
- Serving in the capacity of position on team and/or at the direction of the team leader.
- Read "GHO Participant Manual" located under Forms.
- Begin fundraising.
- Submit all requested documents to GHO upon application.
- Immunizations - www.cdc.gov/travel