East Africa February 15 - 29 2020, SR1449
- Feb 15 2020 - Feb 29 2020
- Global Health Outreach
This trip is now closed. Please explore our other trips at www.ghotrips.org.
We welcome physicians, dentists, pharmacists, optometrists, ophthalmologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, first responders, dental hygienists, dental assistants, physical/occupational therapists, students, and logistics (non-medical helpers) on all of our general medicine and dentistry trips.
Join us as we serve the needy in and around part of this East Africa country. Our Global Health Outreach team will partner with our long-term partners to reach into needy communities, providing them with physical, emotional and spiritual care. We will be working with people who have very little access to medical and dental care. We will be providing primary care medicine and dentistry, plus a reading glass clinic.
We can also do a children's program if you have gifting and interest in such a program. We will have one day to explore the beauty of the local lake region. During this trip, we support the local pastors by holding an annual pastor's conference. This is usually led by one of the pastors from our team. This is an excellent opportunity to build international community bridges. If you or a pastor you know may be interested in such a wonderful experience please reach out to me at the contact info below.
We are looking for physicians, dentists, nurses, pastors, physician assistants, pharmacists, nurse practitioners and physical therapists to join our team, as well as several people (medical training not required!) to run the reading glass clinic and help in the pharmacy, triage and dental clinic. This is an excellent two-week Global Health rotation for students of all backgrounds, including healthcare students and undergraduate college students. It is also an excellent opportunity for spouses to serve! We also welcome those who are musically inclined to join our trip as there will be special opportunities for them to serve during reflection times. PLEASE NOTE that there are some non-standard documents needed for this team. Once your are approved, please start gathering the following documents and submit them to [email protected]:
- Letter of Good Health (stating that you are in good health & free of any communicable diseases) (all participants)
- Letter of Good Moral/Professional Standing from Employer (going back at least 2 years) (healthcare workers only)
- Official Transcripts (healthcare workers only)
Global Health Outreach
P.O. Box 7500 • Bristol TN 37621
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $150.00
|Application Fee (due upon applying/acceptance)||$150.00|
|Project Fee (due two weeks prior to trip)||$1,985.00|
|Estimated International Airfare (will be adjusted to actual airfare total and is due upon ticketing)||$1,700.00|
|Estimated Domestic Airfare (will be adjusted to actual airfare total and is due upon ticketing)||$200.00|
|Waiver of Responsibility Form||Your application is not complete until this form is completed.||Required|
- Important Note! The expiration date on your valid passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of your trip. We recommend g3visas.com.
- Foreign language skills are appreciated, but not required.
- Attending morning and evening team meetings, including devotions
- Serving in the capacity of position on team and/or at direction of the team leader
- Read "Team Participant Manual" located under Forms.
- Begin Fundraising
- Submit all requested documents to GHO right away.
- Immunizations - www..cdc.gov/travel