Nicaragua August 12 - 20/2017, SR1330
- Aug 12 2017 - Aug 20 2017
- , NI
- Global Health Outreach
This trip is now closed. Please check out our other opportunities at www.ghotrips.org.
This is a student focus and family trip!
Nicaragua is the Central American country with the greatest challenges in terms of spiritual, economic and health concerns. From 1936 to 1979, Nicaragua lived under the dictator known as Somoza. In 1979 there arose the Sandinista Revolution, which overthrew Somoza's dictatorship. Unfortunately, this evolved into yet another dictatorship, and brought about the civil war that so deteriorated and destroyed the land and people of Nicaragua for the next ten years. Democracy did not arrive in Nicaragua until 1990, when the first free elections were held. Nicaragua has enjoyed peace and democracy for the past 16 years, but still suffers the effects of years of war in that they are desperately poor and in need of medical assistance.
Team Leader: Larry Wallin, MD, firstname.lastname@example.org
Global Health Outreach
P.O. Box 7500 • Bristol TN 37621
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $150.00
|Application fee (due upon applying)||$150.00|
|Project fee (due two weeks prior to trip)||$1,360.00|
|International Airfare* (approximate) (due upon ticketing)||$700.00|
|Domestic Airfare* (varies with starting location)||$200.00|
|(*Administrative credit will be made when exact costs available)||$0.00|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Travel|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Trip Costs|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Applications|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Trips|
|Travel/Waiver Form||Please fill out this form and email (email@example.com) or fax (423-764-1417) after submitting your application.||Required|
|Trip Participant Handbook||An in-depth manual to guide you start-to-finish on your GHO trip.|
- Important Note! The expiration date on your valid passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of your trip. It may take 3 to 6 months to receive a passport from your local passport office; therefore, you may consider obtaining your passport via g3visas at www.g3visas.com.
- Some foreign language skill is greatly appreciated
- Attending morning and evening team meetings, including devotions
- Serving in the capacity of position on team and/or at direction of the team leader
- College Students are welcome
- Complete passport if not already
- Talk with family
- Start fundraising
- Please fax all required form to 423-764-1417 or email to GHOapps@cmda.org