Nicaragua July 11-18, 2020, Family Friendly Trip, SR1499
- Jul 11 2020 - Jul 18 2020
- Global Health Outreach
We welcome physicians, dentists, pharmacists, optometrists, ophthalmologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, first responders, dental hygienists, dental assistants, physical/occupational therapists, students, and logistics (non-medical helpers) on all of our general medicine and dentistry trips.
Nicaragua is the Central American country with the greatest challenges in terms of spiritual, economic and health concerns. From 1936 to 1979, Nicaragua lived under the dictator known as Somoza. In 1979 there arose the Sandinista Revolution, which overthrew Somoza's dictatorship. Unfortunately, this evolved into yet another dictatorship and brought about the civil war that so deteriorated and destroyed the land and people of Nicaragua for the next ten years. Democracy did not arrive in Nicaragua until 1990 when the first free elections were held. Nicaragua has enjoyed peace and democracy for the past 16 years, but still suffers the effects of years of war in that they are desperately poor and in need of medical assistance.
Team Leader: Dave Killough, PharmD [email protected]
Global Health Outreach
P.O. Box 7500 • Bristol TN 37621
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $150.00
|Application fee (due upon applying/acceptance)||$150.00|
|Project fee (due two weeks prior to trip)||$1,445.00|
|Estimated International Airfare (will be adjusted to actual airfare total and is due upon ticketing)||$800.00|
|Estimated Domestic Airfare (will be adjusted to actual airfare total and is due upon ticketing)||$200.00|
|Waiver of Responsibility Form||Your application is not complete until this form is completed.||Required|
- Important Note! The expiration date on your valid passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of your trip. We recommend g3visas.com.
- Foreign language skills are appreciated, but not required.
- Attending morning and evening team meetings, including devotions
- Serving in the capacity of position on team and/or at direction of the team leader
- Read "Team Participant Manual" located under Forms.
- Begin Fundraising
- Submit all requested documents to GHO right away.
- Immunizations - www.cdc.gov/travel