Thessalonica, Greece, Oct 9 - 18, 2020, Refugee Care, SR1464
- Oct 9 2020 - Oct 18 2020
- Thessalonica, GR
- Global Health Outreach
This country, as one of the main gateways into Europe for people fleeing numerous war-torn and chronically unstable countries, is on the frontline of this crisis which shows little signs of ending as conflicts rage on in the home countries for many refugees and migrants landing on its shores.
This team will spend 2 days working in the mountains of northern Greece. There is a closed group of people living in this area. We will then spend 2-3 days working at a refugee care center in Thessalonica. This trip will focus on loving these people through our act of service in healthcare. These refugees are in desperate need of hope and healing. The need is tremendous: physically, emotionally, and especially spiritually. We will come alongside our national partner to serve their needs as much as possible while offering them the eternal hope found only in Christ.
Could it be that you have been created for such a mission as this?
For addition information, email Team Leader, Trish Burgess, MD, at [email protected].
Global Health Outreach
P.O. Box 7500 • Bristol TN 37621
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $150.00
|Application Fee (due upon applying/acceptance)||$150.00|
|Project Fee (due two weeks prior to trip)||$1,645.00|
|Estimated International Airfare (will be adjusted to actual airfare total and is due upon ticketing)||$1,300.00|
|Estimated Domestic Airfare (will be adjusted to actual airfare total and is due upon ticketing)||$400.00|
|Waiver of Responsibility Form||Your application is not complete until this form is completed.||Required|
- Important Note! The expiration date on your valid passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of your trip. We recommend g3visas.com.
- Foreign language skills are appreciated, but not required.
- Attending morning and evening team meetings.
- Serving in the capacity of position on team and/or at the direction of the team leader.
- Read "Team Participant Manual" located under Forms.
- Begin fundraising.
- Submit all requested documents to GHO upon application.
- Immunizations - www.cdc.gov/travel