Guatemala May 23-30, 2020, General Surgery Trip, SR1489
- May 23 2020 - May 30 2020
- Global Health Outreach
This trip is closed. Please explore our other trips at https://gho.servicereef.com/events?sort=upcoming
We will be serving the people of Cubuclo. It is a small mountain town - 6 hours, by bus, north of Guatemala City. At an elevation of 3200 feet, the weather is mild & pleasant. The people are warm, friendly & welcoming. A majority of the citizens speak Spanish although some speak the native dialect of Achi. We will have interpreters available to assist us.
GHO has partnered with AMG (Advancing the Ministry of the Gospel) http://www.amginternational.org/www for many years. We will provide surgical services at Senorita Elena Medical Center. General surgical cases will include hernias, gallbladders, etc. The hospital provides ongoing medical support but only offers surgery 3-4 times a year with visiting medical teams. Over 15,000 patients each year are given the gospel message as they receive medical and dental treatment.
The team needs 2 General Surgeons, Anesthesia Providers, 1 Surgical Techs, 1 OR Nurse and 1 PACU Nurse.
Please contact Dr. James or Sheila Foxworthy @ [email protected]
Global Health Outreach
P.O. Box 7500 • Bristol TN 37621
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $150.00
|Application Fee (due upon applying/acceptance)||$150.00|
|Project Fee (due two weeks prior to trip)||$1,540.00|
|Estimated International Airfare (will be adjusted to actual airfare total and is due upon ticketing)||$600.00|
|Estimated Domestic Airfare (will be adjusted to actual airfare total and is due upon ticketing)||$250.00|
|Waiver of Responsibility Form||Your application is not complete until this form is completed.||Required|
- Important Note! The expiration date on your valid passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of your trip. We recommend g3visas.com.
- Foreign language skills are appreciated, but not required.
- Attending morning and evening team meetings, including devotions
- Serving in the capacity of position on team and/or at direction of the team leader
- Read "Team Participant Manual" located under Forms.
- Begin Fundraising
- Submit all requested documents to GHO right away.
- Immunizations - www.cdc.gov/travel