Nicaragua, Jun 15 - 23, 2024, Family Friendly, w/Dr. Trish Burgess SR1654
Nicaragua is the largest country in Central America bordered by Honduras and Costa Rica as well as the Caribbean and Pacific oceans while holding a very dear place in our hearts. It is a beautiful country with amazing people who are such a joy to serve. It is also among the poorest countries in Central America.
Our team gets the special opportunity to once again join Nicaragua GHO director Rolando Castillo and his team, as we will be taking a team to an area of great need. We will also partner with several local churches and pastors to train and support them. The local church is the key to success for any GHO team, as they are the people that remain in the area after we depart, and they will be discipling those we have ministered to. Our combined team will provide top-notch medical and dental care through our clinic and some home visits and will be sharing the Good News of the Gospel of Jesus Christ as we provide that care. Additionally, we will have a simple eye clinic that provides reading glasses. We hope to have a physical therapy team and we will have a community health training opportunity to empower local believers by teaching them to take blood pressure, make rehydration salts and learn basic wound and burn care, etc. Other ministries we hope to include as well are pastor training and/or marriage enrichment, women’s bible study and a children’s ministry.
We are going to offer them free healthcare but more importantly, through a kind word, a warm smile, a loving touch, and our health care, they will receive the message of a loving Savior in Jesus Christ. We will be offering them the Greatest News and the very reason He sent His only son! Are you willing to join this team, to be His hands and feet to broken, impoverished, hurting people?
Contact team leader, Trish Burgess by email at [email protected]
Global Health Outreach
P.O. Box 7500 • Bristol TN 37621
|Application Fee (due upon applying/acceptance)
|Project Fee (due two weeks prior to trip)
|Estimated Airfare (will be adjusted to actual airfare total and is due upon ticketing)
Waiver of Responsibility Form Required
Your application is not complete until this form is completed.
- IMPORTANT! The expiration date on your passport MUST be at least 6 months past the return date of your trip. Processing times for new passports and passport renewals is 3 - 4 months so be sure to start the process immediately after you have been approved for the trip if your passport expiration date does not meet the requirement.
- Foreign language skills are appreciated, but not required.
- Attending morning and evening team meetings, including devotions
- Serving in the capacity of position on team and/or at direction of the team leader
- Read "GHO Participant Manual" located under Forms.
- Begin Fundraising
- Submit forms and/or credential copies to GHO upon request.
- Immunizations - www.cdc.gov/travel