El Salvador July 29 - August 6/2017, SR1316
- Jul 29 2017 - Aug 6 2017
- La Union, SV
- Global Health Outreach
This trip is now closed. Please check out our other opportunities at www.ghotrips.org.
We welcome physicians, dentists, pharmacists, optometrists, physican assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, first responders, dental hygienists, dental assistants, physical/occupation therapists, students, and logistics (non-medical helpers) on all of our general medicine and dentistry trips.
The team will be serving in La Union, El Salvador. It is a very urban town, still very poor. Our host church is Cimiento Estable under the leadership of dear brothers in Christ, Rene Mejia and Rene Gonzalez. All of our translators come from the wonderful Christian school, Oasis, that was started and is supported by Cimiento Estable. These are the most amazing young people and you will grow to love them!
This is a wonderful mission for young people and families. Typically, two thirds of the team members are under the age of 30, and one half under 26! These teams are fun, energetic and a blessing to serve on! So, if you want an "extraordinary adventure", I am offering you an "extraordinary invitation" to join me in this incredible experience! God will work in and through the team and you in ways you cannot imagine!
If you have questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.
Team Leaders: Dr. Gordon and Varinka Williams e-mail: email@example.com
Global Health Outreach
P.O. Box 7500 • Bristol TN 37621
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $150.00
|Application fee (due upon applying)||$150.00|
|Project fee (due two weeks prior to trip)||$1,460.00|
|International Airfare* (approximate) (due upon ticketing)||$600.00|
|Domestic Airfare* (varies with starting location)||$300.00|
|(*Administrative credit will be made when exact costs available)||$0.00|
|Waiver of Responsibility Form||Your application is not complete until this form is completed.||Required|
|Team Participant Manual||An in-depth manual to guide you start-to-finish on your GHO trip. All first-time participants must read this handbook in its entirety.||Required|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Applying for a Trip|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Trips|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Trip Costs|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Travel|
|Frequently Asked Questions - Passports & Visas|
- You must have a valid passport to travel with GHO. Important Note! The expiration date on your valid passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of your trip. It may take 3 to 6 months to receive a passport from your local passport office; therefore, you may consider obtaining your passport via g3visas at www.g3visas.com.
- Some foreign language skill is greatly appreciated
- Attending morning and evening team meetings, including devotions
- Serving in the capacity of position on team and/or at direction of the team leader
- Complete passport if not already
- Talk with family
- Start fundraising
- Complete required forms & fax to 423-764-1417 or scan and email to firstname.lastname@example.org