Haiti Feb 29 - Mar 7, 2020, SR1454
- Feb 29 2020 - Mar 7 2020
- Global Health Outreach
We welcome physicians, dentists, pharmacists, dermatologists, optometrists, ophthalmologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, nurses, first responders, dental hygienists, dental assistants, physical/occupational therapists, students, servants (non-medical helpers), and a trip photographer/videographer on all of our general medicine and dentistry trips.
Haiti is a country in the West Indies approximately one hour and forty-five minutes flying time from Miami. It covers the western third of the island of Hispaniola, which lies between Cuba and Puerto Rico in the Caribbean Sea. Most of Haiti is mountainous. It is the oldest black republic in the world, and one of the most densely populated and considered by many to be the poorest country in the Western Hemisphere. Most Haitians are farmers who raise food mainly for their families. The country has a shortage of hospitals and doctors. Because of poor diet and medical care the average life expectancy in Haiti is only about 50 years.
Spiritually however, exciting things are happening in Haiti. The gospel is spreading rapidly and in the last ten years the evangelical population has grown from 5% to 12% in spite of Voodoo.
This team will be ministering near Les Cayes which is on the north side of the southern peninsula and is a 4 to 5 hour bus ride from Port-au-Prince. This area was hit hard by Hurricane Matthew and several other storms since. Join this team and work among the poorest of the world's poor. You will find the Haitians love Americans and will be very appreciative of the skills you share.
Special Travel Announcement: All participants must travel to and from the USA to Haiti as a group. You may not arrive before or depart after the rest of the team - NO EXCEPTIONS.
The minimum age to participate is 16, if mature and traveling with at least one parent.
Global Health Outreach
P.O. Box 7500 • Bristol TN 37621
Stories Tell your story
Application Fee: $150.00
|Application Fee (due upon applying/acceptance)||$150.00|
|Project fee (due two weeks prior to trip)||$1,445.00|
|Estimated International Airfare (will be adjusted to actual airfare total and is due upon ticketing)||$600.00|
|Estimated Domestic Airfare (will be adjusted to actual airfare total and is due upon ticketing)||$600.00|
|Waiver of Responsibility Form||Your application is not complete until this form is completed.||Required|
- Important Note! The expiration date on your valid passport MUST be 6 months beyond the return date of your trip. We recommend g3visas.com.
- Foreign language skills are appreciated, but not required.
- Attending morning and evening team meetings, including devotions
- Serving in the capacity of position on team and/or at direction of the team leader
- All participants must travel to and from the USA to Haiti as a group. You may not arrive before or depart after the rest of the team - NO EXCEPTIONS.
- The minimum age to participate is 16, if mature and traveling with at least one parent.
- Read "Team Participant Manual" located under Forms.
- Begin Fundraising
- Submit all requested documents to GHO right away.
- Immunizations - www.cdc.gov/travel